How do I use System Optimizer on my other SSD's?

• 9 January 2014
  • 3 replies

Basically, I've noticed that System Optimizer is only running on my C: drive, and I would like it to also run on my E: drive.

Is this possible?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Pagan

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

I am afraid that as far as I know the answer is 'NO'.  System Optimizer only works on your system drive.  If you would like to suggest that as a new feature then why not pop on over to the Ideas Exchange (see to of this page) and make it.  Other Community memebers will then have the opportunity to comment/support the idea and I do know that the Development Team do regulary review the ideas, debate them and feedback on them...though no promises that they will be adopted/included in future versions.

HTH?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Pagan and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

To me there is no need to check for things on other drives as it cleans out personal info from your computer and it doesn't Optimize SSD's that's a job for TRIM and I use Diskeeper Pro 2012 with Hyperfast (note this is a PDF download) along with TRIM to keep my SSD's Optimized but do not Defragment SSD's as it will wear them out faster!

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 3
I agree with TH on not wanting to do so, SSDs are made more towards permanent storage to where you don't move anything around as they loose life everytime you write, erase, and rewrite to the same part of it