How to fix issues identified by Webfoot

• 5 May 2016
  • 8 replies

New to Webroot and new to Mac. Webroot System Analyzer identifies problems...ie:Time Machine Backup not enabled, high amount of RAM used by processes, large number of open files, firewall disabled, Gatekeeper disabled.

How do I fix these things? Prior to Webroot I used Iobit and it fixed problems automatically or guided me through the process. I don't seem to have this option on Webroot. What do I do?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi caseyandbabe

Welcome to the Community Forums.

When yo say that you cannot register your keycode is it that you have purchased a new subscription and want to 'activate'/use the new keycode.

Please advise as if that is indeed the case and you are a WRSA Complete version user then there are a few things that you need to be aware of before activating the new keycode, so please advise back on this and then we can guide you through.

Regards, Baldrick
I cannot regester my key code.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you Devin! Much appreciated. 😉
Userlevel 7
So the system analyzer is more a suggested running and not as much a guideline.  even on my system it will show issues but it doesnt have any real performance difference.  I wouldnt wouldnt worry, your system will likely show these same things quite a bit do to the way WSA and OSX run.  here is what mine looks like:

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Sunny1,

Well I have not run into this issue. I would say if the Mac HDD is ok and the First Aid was successful then I wouldn't be concerned. I do not know how to determine what Webroot claims to have as "unresolved issues exist".

Let me ping our Mac Threat Reseacher and see if he can help us with this. ? can you assist?

The Mac PC User Guide http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/1340/Running-System-Optimizer does not offer any further information concerning the results of such information.

You could Submit a Support Ticket and they can advise you about more about this. This is a free service with a Webroot subscription.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Thank you.

Another question:

I ran the 'Verify Disk' utility. It indicated that 'unresolved issues exist'. I clicked 'Repair Disk' which took me to the First Aid function. I ran that, then re-ran Verify Disk and it says I still have unresolved issues. How do I find out what the unresolved issues are and what I should do about them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Sunny1,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

System Analyzer is just a baseline tool and not really designed to be an indepth performance analysis tool.

Please have a look here at the Mac PC User Guide.

To turn on your Firewall please follow below:

Firewall: open System Preferences: I have mine located in the Dock. And you can look in LaunchPad too.

The Mac GateKeeper:

Gatekeeper options are found in Apple menu > System Preferences… > Security & Privacy > General tab under the header "Allow applications downloaded from:"

By default I have read that the Maximum by default, the maximum number of files that Mac OS X can open is set to 12,288 and the maximum number of files a given process can open is 10,240. I believe depending on what Mac OS you are running.

Please have a look at what the Webroot System Analyzer shows for me on my Mac.

You can use the System Optimizer to help clean up temporay files.

Hope this helps?

Userlevel 7
Hi Sunny1

Welcome to the Community Forums.

One for or resident Mac Expert/Guru ? methinks...:D

Regards, Baldrick