Solved

install onto new PC not working

• 3 April 2021
  • 9 replies

I got a new WIN 10 Dell desktop, and migrated apps and data with laplink.  It took 3 tries.  on the 3rd try I unchecked webroot and did not transfer it, based on laplink advice.  When I look on Webroot under PC security I see 2 iterations of the new PC, which I ASSUME is from the first 2 attempts to transfer.  I see no way to remove these.

I tried to DL the software from the website, I get the SAVE YES OR NO window, click yes, and nothing happens.  Webroot does not show up as a program on the new PC, although there is a folder on C:\Program Files\Webroot which I can put the icon on the taskbar, but cant open it or initiate a scan.  Help please!

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 3 April 2021, 17:06

View original

9 replies

thanks for the help, I got thru on the phone and your CS fixed me up. As I suspected it was the MacAfee that was blocking Webroot

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@padlnjones  you can try this and if need be delete the Webroot Folders in Safe Mode then try a clean reinstall.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Look to see if this folder is gone: C:\ProgramData\WRData and if it’s there delete it. (Hidden Area)
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @padlnjones 

Here is the number but you can’t call until Monday: 7am to 7pm Mon to Fri MDT https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Technical Support

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

no, that was a business customer number.  the home number is pay to play…

i found a number

so unable to get support ticket.  any phone numbers to call?

thanks for the reply.  I did as you suggested, but at that link I click continue, and get an”accept cookies” button.  when I click OK  it goes back to CONTINUE then back to “Accept Cookies”  and so on forever

I also established myself as administrator on new PC,  didnt seem to help

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @padlnjones 

I don’t know what really is going on here but it would be best to Submit a Support Ticket and ask them to help you sort this out.

Have patience as the Webroot Staff is working from home because of COVID and it’s the weekend.

Thanks,

I did find how to delete those 2 priors, but still wont DL and ask for code