POS security

• 25 January 2015
  • 4 replies

Does anybody else thing that this webroot is full of **bleep**. I what to trow my GD laptop out the Fu!@#$% window 20+ times a day. I've aiready taken this piece of **bleep** to the Geek Squad over 5 times and they say nouthing is wrong. I run mutible scans a day with this worthless piece a **bleep** **bleep**ing webroot, it always says it esmoved 12 items. It willnot tell me what I can't send to a scan log, it willnot tell me **bleep**. I'm **bleep**ing pissed. Webroot and Best Buy's "Geek Scuad" aint worth **bleep**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pissed off JB

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello jbrenner,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

This must be very frustrating for you to have these problems which aren't normal for Webroot. Have a look HERE

Please issue a Support Ticket so that they can look your computer over for you for free of charge with an active subscription.

Do not give up the ship until Support helps you ok?

Kind Regards,
I'm sorry about that rant earlier. I did not say what was happening. It hangs up on loading a page, it freezes up, unresponsive, slow reactions. This happens mostly on Enternet Explorer,so I started using my Chrome cause I have two drives now that's doing what explorer is doing. That's why I'm so upset. I can not do anything without getting hung up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi jbrenner,

No problems here..we all get upset when our computers aren't working right,;)

Have you checked for PUAs? Sometimes these PUAs can cause IE to freeze up. Any new extensions? Do you have all of your updates? Is Chrome working better for you or can you go into Internet Explorer and reset the browser by going into Tools/Internet options/Advanced/Reset IE to default. Restart IE.

If none of the above helps then Support is usually pretty quick when you issue that Support Ticket.

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Hi jbrenner

I too am very sorry to hear of these problems...they are not typical of using WSA...I assure you...but I suspect that will be scant comfort to you.

If I may add to what Sherry has already advised...iIf you feel or consider yourself technically proficient then you can try these steps to remove it from your system.

However, if that does not work or you do not feel technically capable then the best thing to do is to Open a Support Ticket & ask Webroot Support to take a look and remove these for you.  There is NO CHARGE for this for valid WSA license holder.

And please keep us posted on how you get on.

Regards, Baldrick