Solved

Second Anti Virus?

• 22 November 2013
  • 32 replies

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 2
I'm trying Emisoft anto malaware alongside Secureanywhere..seems ok so far..Tried it with vipe internet security but I don't know if both firewalls would work together?

:cathappy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes either one would work as WSA is designed to work with other AV's, AM's and Firewalls if wanted.

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
WSA uses Windows firewall. So if your using a suite with a firewall or a stand alone firewall its best to disable Windows Firewall. Emsisift AntiMalware tends to be heavy on a system. WSA all by itself is plenty sufficient. 
Userlevel 7
My tip...just to make sure that they play well together...is to make sure that you whitelist/trust/exclude (what ever the term is) WSA in the other AV/IS, AND add the key executables of the other IS/AV as 'Allow' under the 'Block/Allow Files' tab in the PC Security settings section.

Whilst WSA is indeed designed from the outset to work with/to complement other IS/AV applications, I have always done that when running WSA & KIS together...and they have played very nicely with each other.

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
The reason I mentioned Vipre(Internet Security) is because i have a lot of time left on subscription.It also has a firewall...:cathappy:
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
If you want to yes you can but do you need it I think not. Just a note about the firewall: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C4_Firewall/CH4a_ManagingFirewall.htm

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
Thank you!!