Skip to main content
Solved

Intelligently suppress warnings

Hi!

I was picking at Webroot's settings and noticed this. What does it do when checked and not checked? The guide page didn't really help. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello,

This is my personal settings as I want to see everything what's happening on my system. So these settings you can set for your specific preference and liking from the default, I like knowing if anything is acting up so I choose to see all pop-ups from WSA! Here is some info from the Online User Guide: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#ShieldingYourPC/ChangingShieldSettings.htm%3FTocPath%3DShielding%2520Your%2520PC%7C_____2

HTH,
Userlevel 3
Thank you for the reply. 1 last question, if  "Silently and automatically block untrusted access to user data" is left unchecked, instead of automatically blocking it, will it ask me if I should block the unknown program or not? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Thank you for the reply. 1 last question, if  "Silently and automatically block untrusted access to user data" is left unchecked, instead of automatically blocking it, will it ask me if I should block the unknown program or not? 
Yes it will show a pop-up to allow or not and note only untrusted access will ask not trusted access.

A pop-up something like this with different wording!