Solved

"Webroot Message" View your personalized Security Report

• 8 December 2013
  • 86 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I just got this message down by the Clock a few minutes ago Cool! Maybe @ can give us some info on this? ;)

Daniel

icon

Best answer by JClark 4 June 2014, 19:25

View original

86 replies

Userlevel 7
Thanks Daniel! 
However in any way it does not annoy me, I love everything that is connected with WSA! ;)

Mike
Userlevel 7
Hi edfries

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

As Daniel (TripleHelix) has advised in a previous post in this thread it should disappear in 2 or 3 days...but what I have found is that if you read the report, i.e., use the link to open the web page that provides the report then it seems to go away much sooner.  So I would try that.

There is a feature request open in the Ideas Exchange (see link at the top of this page) requesting additional granular control over the functionality.  You may add your comments to it and indeed vote for the request if you want...the Development Team review these frequently so it is a good way of making them aware of your views (click here for a direct link to the request).

Hope that helps?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
As Daniel (TripleHelix) has advised in a previous post in this thread it should disappear in 2 or 3 days...but what I have found is that if you read the report, i.e., use the link to open the web page that provides the report then it seems to go away much sooner.  So I would try that. 
You are right Baldrick! :D
I can fully confirm that - after I've read the raport it has disappeared with the next restart.
On the other laptop it disappeared after 2 days.

Oh.., I almost forgot...
Hi edfries!
Welcome to the Webroot Community! :D

Regards,

Mike

Userlevel 7
Hi JClark

Very interesting...thanks for sharing...another one to try if any one else comes along with this issue, in the future.

In terms of your HDD, I am sure it will be OK, especially if it is new.  But if yo want to check it then just run CHKDSK C: /f at a command prompt and let it do its stuff...if there are any errors that should fix them.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hey that looks pretty cool!  (I have not seen it yet....)
Userlevel 7
Must be something that's being rolled out slowly! I haven't seen it yet either but I'm interested in seeing it!

Shran
I just did another re-install and was not offered to keep previous settings. I'll see what happens and report back.
I think I can officially say that the problem is solved. There's no more report pop up near the clock anymore, it's still going to my tile screen upon boot up. The only thing is that in the webroot window under scan computer it still says "view your personalized security report" but im my opinion that's where it should belong, not a pop up. Maybe it's just a coincidance that pop ups just ended up stopping. lol

I just hope I didn't do anything bad to my webroot and it's still going to work properly and keep me  protected. 

Thanks everyone for helping me out and listening to me.
Userlevel 7
No, not at all...I feel that yo should be OK.  BUt if yo have any concerns just keep an eye on the app.  You should see it functioning normally...and if you have any concerns just install and clean re-install...just to make sure.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Problem is NOT solved. I received this popup several times and finally I clicked it, looked at everything, said "ok, very pretty," then closed the browser. Today, I turn on my computer again and, there it is again. I think if this popup isn't resolved, I am switching to another protection company. ANY idea how to turn this thing off for good? Driving me nuts!
Hello @ Sorry you are having this problem with the pop ups...

EDIT: Okay @ please note TripleHelix's post after mine. This is normal and the popups will go away.. 

So, if you do not mind could you try a clean uninstall/reinstall of SecureAnywhere.  You can use this link to download a new copy of the installer (assuming you did not purchase from Best Buy).  Then uninstall, reboot, install with the new installer (making sure that you do not import any previous settings if offered the option, and then reboot.
making sure that before you do you make sure that you have your keycode at hand: 

Finally, if none of that helps then you are going to need you to Open a Support Ticket in for the Support Team to to properly address the issue in this case.  This will most likely require some basic log gathering so they can see what's going on in terms of interaction with other software.

Please post back if you have more concerns or if this problem has been resolved so that we may help others.

Thank you,
Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Problem is NOT solved. I received this popup several times and finally I clicked it, looked at everything, said "ok, very pretty," then closed the browser. Today, I turn on my computer again and, there it is again. I think if this popup isn't resolved, I am switching to another protection company. ANY idea how to turn this thing off for good? Driving me nuts!
This is normal and only lasts a few days also I have only received it twice in the last year and you should only get the pop-up on boot up so if you reboot it will pop-up again and like I already said it's only for a few days. Also if need be your keycode it will show here but at this time no need to do a reinstall because of this pop-up.

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
Daniel
Thank you for that, mine went away that way, and how can it hurt to try it, he is ready to leave.
Thank you for your time and have a great day
Userlevel 7
Got it too...and it is way cool.  One of the best reporting formats of this sort that I have seen (KIS has one...ish but it is not as well thought or as useful as the WSA offering).

Had it pop up on successive reboots and whilst I think that it is great for a number of reasons  I would like to know more as to what triggers it appearing, over what period, what frequency, etc.  Hopefully that will be forthcoming shortly.

Also worth noting the major change to the main GUI...bottom lefthand corner...a very nice touch ;) (and obviously part of the development team's master plan...  Knowing that, if it pops up at an inconvenient time all one needs to do is to decline it from the pop up and access it when convenient via the main GUI...job done. :D

An excellent, proactive feature that has great potential...IMHO

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It will go back to normal in a few days and no you can't turn it off sorry.

Daniel
Hi Baldrick,

Thank you for the suggestion, and for your willingness to start a post in the Ideas Exchange on our behalf.  (It definitely helps!)

Also, my apologies for not reading the prior messages in the thread carefully prior to posting.

Thanks,
Anthony

If anyone else gets to this thread from a google search (how I found this), the new thread started by Baldrick in the Ideas Exchange forum is located here:

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/More-control-of-Personalised-Security-Report/idi-p/90140

As he notes above, that would be the best place to discuss the personalized security report issues that were initially covered in this thread.
Userlevel 7
Nice one Anthony

I was just going to put the link up here too...but you beat me to it.  Well done!  Great minds think alike...:D

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
If you look at the first post of this thread I just got the message again so it's been from Dec 7th 2013 till now which is March 25th 2014 so just over 3 months! And I will reply when it goes away!

Daniel

Userlevel 2
:DI for the first time made the report go away by having the unchecked area on the optimizer. That is where it is coming from unless someone from tech figured out another way. And I finally went thru the whole report did all it said to do..
Thank you for your time and have a great day
Userlevel 7
If Optimizer settings had anything to do with the report, only WSA-Complete users would see it..  do we have that type of pattern?
Userlevel 7
Hi littlevoice

EDIT:  Oooops...did not notice that David had beaten me to it...http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_oops2.gif

Thanks for your reply...but you have me puzzled by what you say...I presume that you are using WSA Complete as you have the Optimizer...but WSAC/Gamer are the only version that does so I cannot see how that would work for those that do not, i.e., anyone using the Internat Security Plus or AntiVirus.

So I am head scratching here.  But will try out what yo say the next time I get the popup.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
If you look at the first post of this thread I just got the message again so it's been from Dec 7th 2013 till now which is March 25th 2014 so just over 3 months! And I will reply when it goes away!

Daniel

Sorry I forgot to say it stopped today as I started my Laptop and nothing Popped up! 2 days is not bad IMHO. And System Optimizer has nothing to do with it.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
I have Weboot Secure Anywhere do not know anything else about it. I also have 8.1 Windows and yes I have the Optimizer but I did go thru the report did as said did not see report this morning at all. That was almost a disappointment, I was getting use to it.
Userlevel 7
Miquellwrote: 
From the early beginnings of my adventure with WSA I've never seen a message with security report...

Neither have I!:S
Userlevel 2
Ryan

Thank you for the invitation I will be there if I can. I feel honored to have this invite. It gives me a chance to learn more as I need it. I had a hacker and fear it again.

Thank you have a great night

little voice