Multiple scans

• 29 November 2015
  • 60 replies

Userlevel 2
Webroot does not scan at set time i've set up through settings.  It appears to scan when computer is taken out of sleep mode.  It will also open several scans per day.  

60 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
First view at the cube shows anything from 80-160Gb IDE's to 2.5 & 3.5 10k or 15k SAS disks ranging from 32-150 or so Gb's. Didn't go dig deeper yet as i'm not alone. The room next door's filled up with old pc's HP6300SFF's with 465Gb Sata's so one or another school will be very happy .
Userlevel 7
sounds like our server room.  We gave the school my girlfriend is an assist principal at like 15 laptops that we thought were old junk but they love them lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Just went to have a look at a cubic metre of hard disks in the server room... and they are all going to be "recycled"
Userlevel 7
I need to change my setup at home,  Im running 8tb of storage for media and games but it is all in my main computer case.  I want to move it all to a NAS 
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Now if i could only get a few of those 450Gb SAS 15k disks from those decomissioned servers @ work 😃 Then i'd have a nice hot swappable storage unit.. And if those SAS disks don't fit some S-ATA's from similar capacities...
Userlevel 7
yeah it requires a plug, but it supports two drives that can be either 2.5 or 3.5 drives

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
nicer little disk docking station ( the black thing in the middle which's most likely on USB ) Does it require an external powersupply or not? Wonder if i can find that over here.. Would be nice for me since we have Pleeeenty of old discs @ work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welp it all sounds fun!!!:D Yeh bombard everyone with those apple stickers!:D
Userlevel 7
its my external drive that i use for mac threats.  we run different networks here so we have a green which is the safe network, yellow is research/developer and red is threat research only.  any computers on red are not allowed on other networks so i have to keep an external drive handy... and i have a bunch of apple stickers so i put one on it lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
WOW That's so awesome! Just love that setup! You guys have it made there at Webroot HQs! :) ? what's the red thing with the apple on it..external drive?
Userlevel 7
Ive moved desks since you were here, this is the setup that i have now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well that certainly makes me want to buy a  new Mac! But I wouldn't know what to do with all that speed! 😉
Userlevel 7
This is my new macbook pro, i also have an imac on my desk that has 20gb of ram 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Anytime ...You are most welcome!

Thanks Devin..I just noticed there was a Apple update to Version 10.11.1... Rebooting system now..Also you have a mighty nice Flash drive and 16GBs of ram...Sweeeet! 

Userlevel 7
ok, that makes sense then. Thanks, for posting that.  I can use it as a benchmark for QA testing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sure thing!

Userlevel 7
can you screenshot the specs of your machine for me? just leave off your serial number.  This will help me understand where the differences are.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Devin,

Here are the results of Full Scan..encase you were wondering.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks Devin! That works for me..;) Yes I have just noticed this from previous post that I had posted with scanning results..oops
Userlevel 7
during a full scan, we scan every single file including the active processes however it doesnt show it on the scan window.  The only time it will show the number of active processes is on a quick scan.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Devin..

It seems to be faster at this point but why didn't this Full scan scan Active Processes?

Userlevel 7
quick scans will be about the same, it is the full scan that should be faster 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Devin,

EDITED:  ?

I am doing a Full scan now. Was this update to improve the scanning speed of a Full scan too? Well I do have an older Mac..so scanning should be about the same right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
No problem, I am going to push a new update today that should cut scan times really down dramatically. My scans times are half of what they were. I am scanning about a million files in 10 minutes now. Keep an eye out for your version number to update to :388 or higher and let me know if that helps. Sherry, if you can let me know as well that would be great! Regards,
Hi Devin..Webroot hasn''t updated yet from ...387.. so I'll let you know when it updates to do a scan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
?, Yes Devin I'll let you know .. Excited for new update then! 🙂 That's awesome scanning time..I almost can't believe it! 😉