Solved

Changed password problems

I recently changed my password on the secureanywhere web interface and it works fine, but when I want to go into Password tab on the webroot site it shows " try again later or wait 5 minutes". Image of popup i.imgur.com/47ZbbX6.jpg

The other problem I'm having is the webroot password manage app for firefox wants me to use the old password to log on not the new password.

I have closed firefox cleared cache and cookies restarted the pc and still having the problem.
Thank you

P.S. This was post to support and they wrote back on how to change my primary  email.
icon

Best answer by bogeyman459 27 August 2014, 01:16

View original

59 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Glad to hear you finally got the ticket created - if that hadn't been successful then I would have submitted the request for you.  Let us know what support says!
Userlevel 4
Hi Sherry

Thank you! I will have a great day as long as you promise to do the same!!?!  :)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi Triple Helix

I'm guessing that they don't. I believe that the Geek Squad and Webroot are two seperate entities. However on the bright side this issue has FINALLY and for good been resolved!!?!  (At least I HOPE that problem has met up with a terminal end!!!) It's a bit of a long winded solution so I saved the steps involved in a document, only this time I created the document in Wordpad because I wanted to see if a link to a link to a file would work! lol here's the solution...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/heb79mpfiumamxw/Add%20User%20Uninstall%20Reinstall.rtf?dl=0

thanks EV1 that had a hand in this, including Webroot Support which provided some of the informations in that file! I really appreciate the involvement!!!
Hi Albert,

Awesome and great to hear just make sure you come back and visit as we are a fun bunch! The only thing I see wrong is that they gave you the wrong Download link for Best Buy Subscriptions: http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-dl

Cheers,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 4
Hi Dan

You betcha, Buddy!! I enjoy it here, it beats quite a few of the other "hang outs" and I feel I can actually accomplish something other than wasting time!!?!  lol
I created another user, then imported the back up I did just before the PW change on the main user.   I can access the password tab now with out the error message that I still have on main account.

And I can change the password and have it sync correctly with the firefox app.

Must be some problems with the main account.. I will try support again on Monday.

Thank you all for the input.
Userlevel 7
Hi bogeyman459

I have not had any issues...as far as I can tell...by being logged into PM in more than one browser at a time...I am not sure that I have had 3 logins at the same time but most definitively 2...as my Wife and I share our system at home and she uses IE and my either Chrome or Firefox...so there is usually PM logged in in IE, and one other, on most days.

Not sure if that answers the question...but feel free to ask something more specific and I will try to respond.

Cheers, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi bogeyman/ Hi bakedbean

Am afraid that it is late over here (am in the UK ;)) and so I must away to my bed.  Don't want to leave this one here so hopefully can pick up tomorrow when I am back online...having said that I am wondering if one of our gurus @ or our excellent Community Manager @ might be able to pick up or assist on this one?

I am a little concerned by what you are being told by The Geek Squad; I am not saying it is incorrect or anything like that...but as you say, given that we are not having widespread reports of similar issues...it would be good to find out what exactly is behind this.

As I said...if you have not been able to get any further by the time I come online tomorrow I will try to pick up with you on this.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi @ since Geek Squad can't help you please Submit a Support Ticket and let the Webroot Support Experts find out what your issue is and please let us know what they come up with! I'm with Baldrick I don't and ever seen this issue but interested in the outcome. Even add this link to this thread in the Ticket so they can see what has been talked about!

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Changed-password-problems/td-p/100130/highlight/false/page/2

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
it turns out the links didn't change, and i haven't even edited them back in??!?  lol
but i took care of that issue, thank you so much!
Hi bogeyman459, No problem! Your welcome!

We all help eachother out in this Forum Community!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Did you try another Browser to Contact Support? Can you do it from another PC? You can call them as well just call the one closes to you! http://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/contact-us

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 4
Hi Daniel

yes, that is exactly what i mean not a restore or (i didn't even know this one existed until Windows 8.1, a "refresh") which is a cross between the restore and the recovery...  the refresh reinstalls the OS without effecting any user documents. it DOES however completely overwrites Program Files and Program Files (x86) thereby eleminating any programs you may have installed, unless you installed those programs somewhere under UsersUSERNAME.

the recovery was from the partition, not the 1 time only dvd's i was allowed to create

i just did use another browser on that link, but that "start here" button sent me to a place i had already been, perhaps a phone call is in order??!?  lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi Daniel

yes, that is exactly what i mean not a restore or (i didn't even know this one existed until Windows 8.1, a "refresh") which is a cross between the restore and the recovery...  the refresh reinstalls the OS without effecting any user documents. it DOES however completely overwrites Program Files and Program Files (x86) thereby eleminating any programs you may have installed, unless you installed those programs somewhere under UsersUSERNAME.
I think things are messed up because of the in place upgrade or refresh so your going to have to contact support some how to get it sorted as I think it's because how Webroot controls it's keycodes from being installed on more then you are aloud it's nothing we can do on the Community I will ping @ & @ and they will see this tomorrow during working hours. And Brian looks after the Best Buy Subscriptions on Webroot's end.

Sorry I couldn't help more,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi Dan

i just sent support an email with all of the pertinant links in this thread, if i don't get a response within a couple of days i will certainly give them call, thanks for that link, i didn't know a phone # for Webroot!
Awesome and @ will get elevated tomorrow for sure! Just in case: 1-866-612-4268

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 4
Good Morning! to ALL following this thread :)
Here's the latest update
Sent: Tue 08/26/14 05:22
Your case has been created.
Case Details:
Case Number: 00289745
Subject: toolbar interaction with the webroot system
Thank you for contacting Webroot Software. We have received your request and your case will be assigned to a Webroot Support Engineer. We will respond to you as soon as possible. If you have a critical issue, or if you would like to receive an update on your case, please call for further assistance. Be sure to reference your case number, found in this email, when
speaking with the Support Engineer.

I'll be sure to keep the Webroot Community apprised of this situation as it develops

Also take a look at this screen shot for a teensy weensy bit more clarification.

http://1drv.ms/VWVTH5
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:

Good Morning! to ALL following this thread :)
Here's the latest update
Sent: Tue 08/26/14 05:22
Your case has been created.
Case Details:
Case Number: 00289745
Subject: toolbar interaction with the webroot system
Thank you for contacting Webroot Software. We have received your request and your case will be assigned to a Webroot Support Engineer. We will respond to you as soon as possible. If you have a critical issue, or if you would like to receive an update on your case, please call for further assistance. Be sure to reference your case number, found in this email, when
speaking with the Support Engineer.

I'll be sure to keep the Webroot Community apprised of this situation as it develops

Also take a look at this screen shot for a teensy weensy bit more clarification.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8f7jd78jfvdup0u/Account%20Settings.jpg?dl=0
Great News Albert! The Support Engineers are usually pretty quick to get back to you.;)

I'm happy to know that your persistance in this issue is paying off, for you are feeling a whole lot better! And of course knowing that Baldrick and TripleHelix, Our Forum gurus assisted delingently regarding this issue.

Please let us know when this problem is resolved so that we may help others.

We appreciate all your feeback in this matter greatly!

Have a nice day In Texas!

Best Regards.
Userlevel 4
Hi nic

Thank you! It's good to know that there are buffed up people in this community that can 'push' 😉 stuff around!!?!  lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Kwel I would like to see what they come up with and why Best Buy Geek Squad couldn't help you? But as far as I know they don't have access to Webroot's back end online console?

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 4
Hi Triple Helix

I'm guessing that they don't. I believe that the Geek Squad and Webroot are two seperate entities. However on the bright side this issue has FINALLY and for good been resolved!!?!  (At least I HOPE that problem has met up with a terminal end!!!) It's a bit of a long winded solution so I saved the steps involved in a document, only this time I created the document in Wordpad because I wanted to see if a link to a link to a file would work! lol here's the solution... Add User Uninstall Reinstall.txt

http://1drv.ms/VWVTH5

thanks EV1 that had a hand in this, including Webroot Support which provided some of the informations in that file! I really appreciate the involvement!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hey Albert,

That's what we like to hear and the way we all like it, and most of us are Volunteers and we know that Webroot is the Future and it's here now we try our best and if we can't help someone then the Support Ticket System is the way to go! http://www.brightcloud.com/platform/webroot-intelligence-network.php

Daniel :D

Userlevel 4
Hi Triple Helix

Wow! You can rest assured that THAT link just made it into my bookmarks!!!  lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I didn't know a Best Buy Sub keycode would work with the standard download I always thought the BBY Sub always needed there own installer, see I learn something today as well! ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 4
Hi Triple Helix

Ain't learnin fun!!!  :)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Always! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello bakedbean, and Welcome!

Could you please run a default scan, in order to see if changes you made online can be communicated with the client software. It could fix your issue, hopefully.

Userlevel 7
Hi bogeyman459

What you say is very interesting as I am using the PM with Chrome, IE & Firefox with absolutely no issues whatsoever...and I would be grateful if you would provide further detail on what you have been told...if you have any.

Cheers, Baldrick