Solved

My Webroot has stopped working for no apparent reason.

• 9 November 2015
  • 40 replies

Show first post

40 replies

Userlevel 7
WOOT!!

Glad that we finally have something for you!

Now, there is another step sadly.  Since you deactivated the Computer, it might NOT show up on the Console.  Check it, and if you do not see it we can Re-Activate it to restore the Console functions  :)
Userlevel 2
Yes, I did check it and it does not show up on the Console.
Userlevel 7
OK, I kind of expected that :)

We did a KB on how to deactivate, so you can guess what is coming I think.  Check this KB Article on how to re-activate :)

Once the PC shows up again in the Console (You might need to run a scan before it shows up), you might want to make sure that you set the Console for User Configuration.  Just click the PC in PC Security, and at the bottom is where you will set that.

I also would open WSA and go into Advanced Options.
  • Check your install options to make sure that it will show up in the Control Panel and the Start Menu
  • Check the Access Control and allow NON admin users to make changes and uninstall (If you are the only person who uses the computer).  This will keep you from having the same issue again.
Userlevel 2
Done....thanks again...wish I could buy your a beer!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
It is the thought that counts!  I am just glad we have you back to normal!
Badge +8
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
It is the thought that counts!  I am just glad we have you back to normal!
 Fantastic job, David. That was quite a group effort that worked out beautifully in the end. Of course, she still has a little work to do but under your patient guidance, I am confident she will pull through. So glad to know ya!!

Theresa
Badge +8
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I right clicked the Webroot icon in my Download File and clicked on "Run As Administrator" and nothing happened.
Yes, that is expected.  As noted previously, if WSA is already installed then the download can't install as it is already installed.  

Try to follow the directions in this KB Article regarding how to deactivate a PC.  If you are able to access the Console and follow the directions, please reboot the computer when you are done.  

See if that will remove WSA so that we can then get it re-installed.
Hi David,

This has been marked as the solution. Big Congratulations!! Question:how does a solution get found and who designates it? You spent a lot of time and effort on this post and I am so glad that you got the solution. I knew you could! Bravo.
Theresa
Userlevel 7
?, 

Hi David,

This has been marked as the solution. Big Congratulations!! Question:how does a solution get found and who designates it? You spent a lot of time and effort on this post and I am so glad that you got the solution. I knew you could! Bravo.
Theresa
Theresa, 

Members that are Expert Advisor and above are able to apply the Solution credit.  Usually we do NOT do it ourselves, as we prefer to wait for the OP to verify that a suggestion worked and to reply back such.  Often the OP will mark the solution, but in this case since the OP replied that things are fixed I marked it.

Really the solution is TEAMWORK. I had to know the questions and replies that everyone else before me had asked in order to get to my suggestion LOL.  Mine might have been the 'final solution" but it was a combined effort!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
? I think I marked it..LOLs:D

Edited..Yes you must of marked the OP who had the solution..sorry didn't see that!
Userlevel 7
? Oh.. so you did!  I know I tried to mark it.. you must have beaten me by just a second or two LOL!  (The email does show you are the winner!)

:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ Oh.. so you did!  I know I tried to mark it.. you must have beaten me by just a second or two LOL!  (The email does show you are the winner!)

:)
Well I just wanted to do this because it was a Team effort..so I was very happy that this was resolved. Good job @ .. I just love it when a solution comes together!;)
Badge +8
? ?You guys crack me up. This is like watching a Marx Brothers movie. Remember the one where they kept opening and closing doors!! It was hysterical, just like reading these posts!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Who's on first? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well Theresa...as you can see we do have fun on here with our postings! LOLs And you crack me up as well!!:D
Badge +8
What's on second