Skip to main content
In March 2018, my old computer died and I had to purchase a new one. I went to Bestbuy and purchased a new computer. With the purchase and year support to Geeksquad, came a 6 mo and a 1 year subscription to Webroot. I had informed Geeksquad that I already had a subscription to Webroot that did not expire until September 2018 and I would like to have that one installed on my new computer. Instead of installing my current subscription, someone inactivated it and installed the ones for 6 months and a year. Not knowing this, I was charged the yearly subscription fee in August 8, 2018. Due to what Geeksquad did, I paid for something I didn't have and the Webroot they installed will be up on March 22, 2019. Since I am going to have to renew in March, I would like to request a refund for the one that was inactivated in March of last year and I was charged for in August 2018. Here are the details of the charge: My name is Julia Eschbach, date of charge was August 8, 2018, Ref# ~snip~, Amt of Charge: $59.99, Authorization code: ~snip~, Transaction id: ~snip~ at 5:12 ET. I do not want to put the card # for the public, so if you need that, please call me at ~snip for personal security (PTD)~. Also, please call me to discuss the charge. Thanks
Hello @Jeschbach, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. ☺️

Sorry to hear that this happen to you with your subscription to Webroot.

Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

I will also ping our Forum Administrator on this problem. @LLiddell

(I also edited your post. Please do not post personal information on an open forum)

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.
Subscriptions purchased from Best Buy are activated during the point of sale, I believe it says so on the packaging as well. For what it's worth, you can always reach out to their support line to see if there's anything they can do: 1-800-433-5778.