Skip to main content
 We wanted to let you know that we've started the slow deployment of WSA 9.0.18.34 and expect the process to be completed by the end of next week or shortly thereafter.

The installation will be silent for all end users and no action is necessary on your part.

This release will include:

Data gathering for phase 1 of malicious scripts shield

Efficacy improvements when making determinations for critical system processes

Enable installation where TLS version is 1.1 or greater

Ensure plugins are removed smoothly during un-installation

Extended data set transmitted for use with Machine Learning

Further optimisation of cloud communications

Handle /disable command line option correctly

Improve hash calculation for non-PE files

Ensure journaling files are always present at the time of WSA installation

In Product Messaging ( IPM ) displays special characters correctly

Integration with Mozilla Firefox no longer causes a browser crash in certain circumstances

Internet connectivity is not lost when removing WSA

Protect against WSA driver being written to disk with zero-byte file size

Select IPMs can trigger re-acceptance of EULA

Send data back for GSM to clear Needs Attention from devices in a timely manner

Prevent agent crash when Backup & Sync is being used

Update WSA copyright message to 2017

When System Analyzer is running, ensure that files can be restored from Quarantine

Support for Windows 10 Fall Creators release

Support for Windows 2016 Server

Enable installation and removal of DNS-P Agent

Addresses a memory leak resulting in 4005 event on Terminal Servers

Full release notes are here:- PC agent changes in build 9.0.18.34

Regards

All of the WSA team at Webroot.

Is the release going to be version 9.0.18.34 or version 9.0.18.38?  My test machine that I put X.34 on  has auto-upgraded to X.38.

Thanks,

Jesse Cail, CISS, GSEC

Security Engineer

The official release for business customers is 9.0.18.34.   I would uninstall the .38 from any test devices and install the official release. 

The change between .34 and .38 is being restricted to the consumer release for the moment.  It will be rolled into the next business release which we see arriving in calendar q4 this year.  More detail on that when we get closer to beta etc..

Thanks for the clarification.
@ wrote:

The official release for business customers is 9.0.18.34.   I would uninstall the .38 from any test devices and install the official release. 

The change between .34 and .38 is being restricted to the consumer release for the moment.  It will be rolled into the next business release which we see arriving in calendar q4 this year.  More detail on that when we get closer to beta etc..

Just an FYI to the Webroot team;

Some of us have an RC testing group to assist both ourselves and Webroot.  It's not that easy to roll back to an earlier version when we have 1-2 dozen machines, because an actual uninstall needs to be done or a deactivation followed by re-touching the machine.

With respect, I think we either need (even in the RC process) for development to work on version control of what we're being supplied, *or* we need the ability to actually apply an older version over top of a new one..  Even if I shut down the 18.38 version on a system, if I try to install an older version, it won't go.
Thanks for the feedback, @!

I'm sure @ will be eager to hear your feedback.