Hello Everyone

• 3 November 2013
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
I am just finding my way around the forum. Just a little confused by it.

My name is Joe and I live in Ojai, California. I am an 79 year old widower living with my Basset Hound Fred.

Ojai is a small community of about 8,000 located in southern California.

I am a computer nut who seems to always be building his next computer. In the past year and a half, I have built 3 Windows 7 computers and my NEXT one just needs 8 G of memory and an operating system and I can start getting it running. Needless to say, I would accept donations.:D

My friends think I'm crazy and I am beginning to think they are right. I am hoping that this will be my last build.

I could go on for hours but I don't want to bore you.

Nice to be here.:D

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Welcome Joe it's great to have you here! :D

Daniel
Userlevel 1
Nice being had.;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello!
You are in good company here, there are several people very seasoned at life who hang out here. :D
(Though I am not one of them.)
Userlevel 1
Thanks and nice to hear from you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hello!
You are in good company here, there are several people very seasoned at life who hang out here. :D
You will be time flys buddy! 😃 Joe we are a Great and fun Bunch here and you will make more new friends!

Daniel
Userlevel 1
Guys, I must tell you that I cannot handle incessant emails because I have so much work to do here- cook, wash clothes, wash dishes, yard work, housework, to say nothing about keeping the computers running- you get the idea. Tonite is my initiation day so I'll be here but I can't always get back to you right away. Seems like a fun group though.

Enjoy being here.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Guys, I must tell you that I cannot handle incessant emails because I have so much work to do here- cook, wash clothes, wash dishes, yard work, housework, to say nothing about keeping the computers running- you get the idea. Tonite is my initiation day so I'll be here but I can't always get back to you right away. Seems like a fun group though.

Enjoy being here.
Hello jadinolf 🙂  You can turn the emails OFF.  Go to the My Settings for the Community.  By default, you are subscribed to every thread you post in, and you can turn that off.  In the Settings, go to the Subscriptions & Notifications tab, then click on the Notification Settings sub-tab.

I usually have ALL email notifications turned off (Except when someone uses @  to catch my attention: that will email me still.)  Otherwise I would be getting 100's of emails a day some of the time ,and I am going to read the posts anyway  :)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hello!
You will be time flys buddy! 😃 Joe we are a Great and fun Bunch here and you will make more new friends!

Daniel
"Very Seasoned at Life" I guess that's a polite way of saying that we are "Old Fogies" ROFL :D
Seasoned at Life = Wisdom. 😉 😛
Userlevel 1
@DavidP1970 wrote:
@ wrote:

Enjoy being here.
Hello jadinolf 🙂  You can turn the emails OFF.  Go to the My Settings for the Community.  By default, you are subscribed to every thread you post in, and you can turn that off.  In the Settings, go to the Subscriptions & Notifications tab, then click on the Notification Settings sub-tab.

I usually have ALL email notifications turned off (Except when someone uses @  to catch my attention: that will email me still.)  Otherwise I would be getting 100's of emails a day some of the time ,and I am going to read the posts anyway  :)
Good morning. Yes, I am aware that I can turn off emails.

I hope no one thinks I was complaining. I just can't stand by waiting for them and answering them as they come in.

Thanks for the post and have a great Sunday.