Skip to main content

As the title says. As of updating my webroot subscription and keycode from Bestbuy, I can no longer right click a file and click “Scan with Webroot” option. I can still scan normally using webroot, but that option is gone. I tried going to bestbuy geeksquad online for direct support, but they swear this feature was never there, when I know it was there. Any advice.

Hello @JayM90 

Under Advance Settings make sure this box is checked then do a reboot of the system and it should show back in the Context Menu!

Thanks,

Hello @JayM90 

Under Advance Settings make sure this box is checked then do a reboot of the system and it should show back in the Context Menu!

Thanks,

I have tried that, and it didn’t work. It was enabled already. I also tried disabling it and reenabling it.

Okay @JayM90 

Lets try a clean reinstall of WSA and since your using the Best Buy version make sure you download that version.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Okay @JayM90 

Lets try a clean reinstall of WSA and since your using the Best Buy version make sure you download that version.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Bit of a problem, I can’t uninstall WSA, it doesn’t show up in my add or remove programs or my uninstall list. What else can I do to uninstall it?

Hello @JayM90 

Click on pictures to see full size!

"C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" –uninstall

Using the Administrator Command Prompt!

Hello @JayM90 

If the above doesn’t work or you don’t know how to do contact Best Buy Geek Squad for help!

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-instructions

Not finding the answers you need? Contact us for additional assistance.
Chat with an Agent
1-888-BEST-BUY

So I tried to do what you said but I got this error

At line:1 char:37
+ "C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall
+                                     ~~~~~~~~~~
Unexpected token '-uninstall' in expression or statement.
    + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (:) ], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

So I tried to do what you said but I got this error

At line:1 char:37
+ "C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall
+                                     ~~~~~~~~~~
Unexpected token '-uninstall' in expression or statement.
    + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (:) ], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

I don’t know what’s going on in your case but try again to contact Best Buy Geek Squad for help because you have a service contract with them.

You can see if Webroot Support can help you?

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket 24/7/365 it’s the best way!

Call 1-866-612-4227  during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MST)

Also phone numbers from around the world: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/about/contact-us

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,