Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17746 Fast Ring

Show first post

50 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Be sure to Run Disk Cleanup to reclaim your install space back! ;)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4026616/windows-10-disk-cleanup

Also did you see the new Phone App?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:

Yes that is what you have always mentioned to us...mainly because Jasper and I have VM-s with limited space. So I have no choice but to do the disk cleanup.:D

Thanks Daniel for the reminder and so others will know too. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:

No I have not looked at that update yet. That sounds pretty cool. I will go look at it now! Awesome!
@ I know you can link your phone to the PC but I was not sure if I was going to do that or not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Yes that is what you have always mentioned to us...mainly because Jasper and I have VM-s with limited space. So I have no choice but to do the disk cleanup.:D

Thanks Daniel for the reminder and so others will know too. ;)
Sure thing!
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

No I have not looked at that update yet. That sounds pretty cool. I will go look at it now! Awesome!
It showed up right on the Desktop after install.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

It showed up right on the Desktop after install.
Nope I didn't notice that..:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Daniel I was so excited that I got the WI Update that I did not see it until now. Well that will make a big difference then and I'll use that Phone app for sure. I am taking photos all the time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I just got a BSOD on the 64bit build and reported it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:

OH NO! I have not had a BSOD in a very long time. Sorry to hear that! I hope my doesn't belly up with one of those. UGH!
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

OH NO! I have not had a BSOD in a very long time. Sorry to hear that! I hope my doesn't belly up with one of those. UGH!
After restart I deleted the DUMP files and it's running okay now!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Oh is that what I should do if I get that BSOD?
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Only because it takes up VM space nothing more.
Are either of you having any issues with the Notification Panel since this update?
When I click on it a blank panel slides out all the way across the screen, then goes away.:S
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Are either of you having any issues with the Notification Panel since this update?
When I click on it a blank panel slides out all the way across the screen, then goes away.:S
No. Are you using a VM and if so what software do you run? VMware or VirtualBox?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Only because it takes up VM space nothing more.
Great! 10-4 on that:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hold on I'll check it out!
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
No. Are you using a VM and if so what software do you run? VMware or VirtualBox?
No, no VM. Installed on a Dell desktop PC.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hold on I'll check it out!
No issues for me...sorry to hear you are having this problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Well done everyone, so that just leaves me, I am having another go now while I am here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
My VM is just going the restart process. It looks like it has worked this time - finally.
That's good news, Jasper. I had issues with my Notification Panel/Action Center not working after the update, so I had to "Reset" this PC. Now, when I get home tonight, I have to reinstall all my apps and re-tweak all of my settings. Not happy about it. :@

Glad to hear you finally had success. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I just keep my VM's very basic so I am hoping I get no probs with anything but there again anything is possible.
I decided to try again with my older VM and guess what? It appears to be going through the initial installation process without any problem so far.
I'm beginning to wonder if the key to this is to not attempt to update on a weekend?
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder if the key to this is to not attempt to update on a weekend?
I have had problems in the weeks as well though BUT my other machine has now updated easily so there has to be a reason for it somewhere. Yesterday was just impossible for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
It's never been an issue for me so I don't think it matters.