Skip to main content

by: Jamie Cuevas

If you’re a Safari user, as many of us are, you might be interested in actually searching the web with Google and then seeing a list of actual web link results, without seeing any of the new AI junk, video and image recommendations, knowledge panels, related searches, suggested searches, or the other junky clutter that dominates basically every modern Google search. Indeed, once upon a time, a default search on Google actually returned web-only results! You can have that good-old web search experience again with Safari, whether you’re on a Mac, iPhone, or iPad, and it’s pretty simple as you’ll see in a moment.

⇨⇨ Full Article ⇦⇦

I tried this on my Mac running macOS Catalina. I couldn’t copy and paste the URL in the Safari Settings. It would go back to Google Setting. I had to type in the URL and the new setting took.

@ProTruckDriver , Great article! Thanks as I'm not a fan of Google Ai yet. It's already bombarding us everywhere. Soon there won't be a choice.🤭

The URL works on Firefox too. I just tried it.

@ProTruckDriver , Great article! Thanks as I'm not a fan of Google Ai yet. It's already bombarding us everywhere. Soon there won't be a choice.🤭

I’m not a fan of AI Period! What until AI goes into full swing, nothing will be secure anymore. Damn, I’m glad I’m old and seen the good old days.

This is very cool. Thank you for sharing this. I have set my default page. 

Don’t forget to switch the pop-up right above where you put the URL from “Start Page” to “Home Page”

I’m not a fan of AI Period! What until AI goes into full swing, nothing will be secure anymore. Damn, I’m glad I’m old and seen the good old days.

I am so right there with you. Ai is currently awful, and uncontrolled, it will get worse not better. 
And I still run a Windows XP machine! Not on-line for security reasons, but I have some old programs that run better in XP that anything after. 
And yes, I’m old too. 

I cut most of the clutter using AdGuard on Firefox.

This:

To Now This:

Thanks for the info. Will definitely set this up

I cut most of the clutter using AdGuard on Firefox.

This:

To Now This:

Curious if some websites don’t allow you to visit with AdGuard on? Had that issue when I tried it before. I also found it tended to eliminate things that it should not have. (Like in your image above. ).  Just wondering if overall you are happy with it. 

I’m happy with it and don’t have any problems with it. I’ve been running AdGuard since I got the Mac on Safari, Firefox and Chrome. I’ve got 4 Lifetime Licenses to AdGuard. I got them when they were on sale a long time ago.

I also have Lifetime (Free) Beta Licenses to AdGuard.

I’m happy with it and don’t have any problems with it. I’ve been running AdGuard since I got the Mac on Safari, Firefox and Chrome. I’ve got 4 Lifetime Licenses to AdGuard. I got them when they were on sale a long time ago.

I also have Lifetime (Free) Beta Licenses to AdGuard.

Thanks. I think I’ll try it again.