Skip to main content
Intel is placing some bets that the desktop PC isn't dead yet by announcing plans to release new processors made for those products; they include the company's first Core i7 chip that will have eight cores and 16 threads.

Intel's upcoming "Devil's Canyon" processor.

Full Article
This will be interesting for gaming, given that Xbone and PS4 both have 8 core processors.  For porting over to PC, that means that multiple cores will be more useful than they were the previous gen.
I hope they make a mobile version as well I will be looking for a new High End Laptop this time next year I have no need for Desktops anymore and gave it to my niece!

Daniel 😉
Long live the Desktop!   Otherwise how the hell do you do this...http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sFun_bangdesk.gif...not quite the same effect on a laptop.

But speaking seriously I am a Desktop fan and this bodes well for them to remain in being...for those that want to use them. 

And now for the "big" questiion.....will Intel throw in a life time product key for McAfee Internet Security? (Intel-McAfee):D
How exciting, I love the power of a desk top with an 8-core processor. I'm going to make sure I'm the first one on the block for a new desktop..Thanks Petr. But I'll make sure I have Windows 9 in it. Sounds like a plan. Of course McAfee will be my choice of AV...NOT! Smiley/wink

Forever Webroot, Sherry
Like Daniel I too will be looking forward to this new processor coming to laptops. I wouldn't necessarily get one but I'll keep an eye on the products.

The mobility, convenience, power and time saving quality packed into a laptop easily beat the desktop. Just saying.
Hello ams963, well can't we have a laptop AND a desktop with this new i7 8- core? Yes it's all what ones prefence is..Now if it comes with a massive hard drive,and ...how about a top of the line cooling system, GB of DRAM, and High grade video card.

Well shall we build our own? Maybe it's better to have a laptop and more economical ..

Dream away, Sherry
You're right Sherry. But I like laptops better.;)