Skip to main content

by: Paul Horowitz

iPadOS 18 for iPad includes some exciting new features for iPad users, from more interface customization options like Dark Mode icons and widgets, color hued icons and widgets, a customizable Control Center, the debut of a Calculator app for iPad, Passwords app, a Photos redesign, improvements to Notes app, new features in Safari like Distraction Control, and tons of AI Apple Intelligence features throughout the operating system, you’ll find plenty to keep you busy and productive.

Like every new major system software release, iPadOS 18 has specific system requirements, however, and not every iPad model is compatible with the new operating system. And even if the iPad can run iPadOS 18, that doesn’t mean it will gain all features, because some features like Apple Intelligence AI have even stricter system requirements and compatibility.

⇨⇨ Full Article ⇦⇦

@ProTruckDriver looks like I'm behind on iPad/software updates for 2 of my IPads.  Getting IPadOS 17.6.1. I will see about the latest IPads 18. Not bothered if I can't get it anyways.. lol 😆

Thank you for the update!

Well, my mini will take at lease one more update. My larger iPads are left behind, but I really do not care. They work fine as is and not using them for much else anyway.  Thanks for posting the update. 

My iPad is stuck on iOS 12! WAY behind, but works for my daughter watching streaming services and my wife browsing for recipes which is all it’s used for these days!

At some point when the apps for those stop working we’ll buy a new one!