With Apple's iOS 9 set for liftoff, iOS 8 hits 87% adoption rate

• 16 September 2015
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
It's likely the high-water mark for the current version of the software for iPhones and iPads as iOS 9 stands by for its first wave of downloads.

September 16, 2015  by Lance Whitney

A year removed from its bug-plagued launch, Apple's iOS 8 now is running nearly nine out of every 10 Apple mobile devices.

That's just in time for it to start giving way to the next version of the software that powers iPhones and iPads, iOS 9, which makes its debut Wednesday.

In what is likely its high-water mark, iOS 8 has scored an adoption rate of 87 percent, according to stats that Apple shared Tuesday via its App Store Distribution page. The 87 percent figure includes all the iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches that visited Apple's App Store on Monday, September 14. That's up from the 85 percent seen more than a month ago and the 81 percent reported in late April.

http://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2015/09/16/88b3b1b6-7c77-420d-b2ad-e341db504daa/resize/570xauto/7d80e8abcb443b4dcd54fdd190454608/ios8-adoption-9-14-15.jpg                      iOS 8 topped off with an 87% adoption rate, but now iOS 9 is ready to hit the town. 
Full Article

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

How to update to iOS 9 on iPhone & iPad, and how to install the iOS 9.1 update | Apple's overnight updates cause alarm chaos.

How can I get Apple's new iOS 9 operating system software on my iPhone? And is my iPhone fast enough to run iOS 9 without slowing down? Should I update to iOS 9.1?

iOS 9 has just arrived, followed by several updates including iOS 9.1. If you go to Settings > General > Software Update you should see the download. But be cautious! Make sure you have a backup and expect the download to take quite a while. Read on to find out more.

How to update to iOS 9: The complete guide

iOS 9, the new operating system software for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, was unveiled during WWDC 2015 in June and finally became available to all on 16 September. You've probably got three questions: can I update my iPhone or iPad to iOS 9, should I update my iPhone or iPad to iOS 9 and (if the answer to the first two is yes) how can I make the upgrade.
We'll address these questions in that order in our complete guide to iOS upgrades. We've also got details on how to install iOS 9's subsequent updates including iOS 9.1, and whether you should let Apple update your iPhone for you overnight.

(BTW: Beings as I am an IOS user this artilcle caught my attention since my IPad has updated AGAIN today!)

Full Article
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Apple Releases iOS 9.0.2 With Bug Fixes, Performance Improvements

Apple today released iOS 9.0.2, a minor update that introduces bug fixes and performance improvements to iOS 9. The iOS 9.0.2 update comes one week after the release of iOS 9.0.1, the first update to iOS 9, and two weeks after iOS 9 was released to the public on September 16.

iOS 9.0.2 is available immediately to all iOS 9 users as an over-the-air update.

Like iOS 9.0.1, iOS 9.0.2 is a minor update that focuses on introducing some much-needed bug fixes and performance enhancements to Apple's newest operating system.
This update contains bug fixes and improvements including:

- Fixes an issue with the setting to turn on or off app cellular data usage
- Resolves an issue that prevented iMessage activation for some users
- Resolves an issue where an iCloud backup could be interrupted after starting a manual backup
- Fixes an issue where the screen could incorrectly rotate when receiving notifications
Full Article