icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 1 November 2014, 16:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello jdnan,

Welcome to the Community!

Please make sure you are downloading from the Adobe Reader site here http://get.adobe.com/reader/
 EDIT
 Do not check any add ons with the downlload

Also 

I would download the installer, and then right click on it and select 'Run as Administrator' which should run the installer with elevated privileges, and so avoid the message that you are seeing.

Then please get back to us if this does or doesn't work and we will assist you further. OK?

Best Regards,
I already uncheck all add on's, but adobe suggested trying different browsers. I tried Chrome & Firefox, same error, then I downloaded safari for windows & it worked. It seemed like it was a Webroot permissions problem because the original error was a "1321" error that said adobe didn't have the correct permissions. Oh well, problem solved for now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi jdnan!

Thanks for the feedback.

Come on back if you have anymore questions or if you just want to browse. We are a bunch a Volunteers that will help with whatever issues you may have!

Have a Great Day!:D

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I already uncheck all add on's, but adobe suggested trying different browsers. I tried Chrome & Firefox, same error, then I downloaded safari for windows & it worked. It seemed like it was a Webroot permissions problem because the original error was a "1321" error that said adobe didn't have the correct permissions. Oh well, problem solved for now.
Hello jdnan,

Please let me also explain that you shouldn't have to use Safari to get Adobe Reader to work. The problem should be resolved without a workaround. The base problem of the Adobe Reader Installer, and thus is the operation in Chrome and Firefox, hasn't been fixed yet, correct?

Just to test if it's WSA causing the issue is simplily disable protection and then try Adobe install again,unchecking the PUA's like you've done before.to see what happens.

The permmissions error might be WSA, or something else. Make sure if you follow these instructions that you restart WSA after you try this!

EDIT : I was informed of this by one or our Expert advisors, shortTcircuT.

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Just to add you can download the whole installer here and the latest update as I always do or from internal updater: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Security-Industry-News/Security-Updates-available-for-Adobe-Reader-and-Acrobat-Adobe/m-p/149961#M8642 also you can download the full installer from adobe's site: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/

Thanks,

Daniel ;)