Some Discrepancies?

  • 2 October 2012
  • 4 replies

Before I begin I should say that this is my first time posting here and I do not think that there is anything wrong with my computer. However, I have noticed some odd things. To begin, I started using Webroot 15 days ago when I upgraded to a new computer and have been very satisfied with it. I have noticed that in Webroot it says that my protection has been active for 18 days which is literally impossible as I have not even had the computer that long, yet Webroot does have the correct amount of time until the subscription runs out.
The other odd thing that occurred today was that Windows had Webroot ask permission to make changes to the computer which it has never done before. I was trying to perform a scan and this came up. Now this may just be a technical glitch and I am overreacting, but I am just interested if anyone has any solutions/comments/thoughts to add to this.  
I should add that at no point has there been any warning or quarantine messages that have occurred and I have Malwarebytes which has also found nothing.

Best answer by YegorP 3 October 2012, 00:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey there Splashdown409,
Welcome to the Webroot Community!
I'm glad to hear you've been satisfied with Webroot thus far and want to make sure everything is indeed running properly on your computer. 
Regarding the subscription days, I see that this is a Best Buy subscription that was activated on September 18th. How many days does it say are left in your subscription? I'll compare your answer to what it says in our system to make sure they are the same.
Regarding the permission changes message, this may have to do with the way your user account is set up on your computer. Is it a standard user or admin account? If this is the only time you get this message, I wouldn't worry about it. If, however, you continue to get this message each time you scan (and you are an admin), I would suggest submitting a support ticket so we can look at the issue in more detail.
Hope that helps! Let me know if you have other questions.
Hi YegorP,

The number of subscription days was never in doubt actually, this is correct on my system. It says I have 350 days left which is correct.
My issue was with the fact that when I bring up the Webroot dashboard I guess it has the list of stats, like last scanned, system events and so on. Well the one that says Protection says that Webroot has been active for 18 days, which cannot be correct. The subscription I have no problem with because that would only be 15 days which is right on target.

With regards to the permission changes, I figured as much. This is not the Admin account for this computer, it's just my User account. It hasn't happened again and I didn't really expect it to. It was just something that I thought was cause for some concern as it had never happened before. But it is good to know that it was not a big deal. 
Userlevel 7
Hi Splashdown409,
Likely, what happened was that the product was already installed on the computer in the BestBuy store prior to you bringing it home. Even if it was a trial version of the product, the data will still be displayed in your statistics from the very first day Webroot was installed. The important thing is that you have the correct number of days remaining in your subscription.
Hi YegorP,

Thank you very much! I just wanted to be sure that there was nothing wrong with the program itself, like a virus or something of the like. I just probably never noticed the discrepancies before and overreacted. You've been very helpful.