I am getting emails that show a security report with inaccurate information. How to correct?

• 5 October 2016
  • 1 reply

1)  The email from webroot states that I have 4 devices protected.  When I log into my webroot console it only shows 3 devices connected.  What's up with the differing numbers?

2)  Also how do you delete old alerts from the console?

1 reply

Hi DavisBayou,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

There seems to be a problem with the accuracy of the Security Reports from Webroot. Webroot Developers are aware of the problem and are working to remedy the situation. The Web Console is where you will always find the correct information when it comes to registered devices.

As far as deleting old alerts from console, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean the Web Console (not sure there are any alerts there) that you login to online or the Webroot PC interface on your PC?

Any malware alerts should go away once Webroot has disinfected your machine. If you are talking about the "Threats Removed" information that appears in the PC interface and includes a running count of all threats discovered since installation, that info can be reset by doing the following:

Open the Webroot PC interface on your computer (click Webroot icon by clock).
Click on the gear next to Utilities , then select the Reports tab.

??

Click the View Statistics button, then click the Reset button at the bottom of the Protection Statistics window. (This will reset ALL of the Protection Statistics.)
?

Hope this info helps. If you still have questions please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Thanks,
BD